Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sick of the sick already!

Well our weekend plans of making goodies for Izzy's class went right out the window. Saturday night he started to come down with what looked like a cold again, and by Sunday morning he was really sick. Monday was his birthday and he had been so excited about going to school on his birthday to be with his new friends. :( I was so sad for him that he was too sick to go. I was really proud of him though, he didn't let it bring him down! His spirits stayed high and we had a fun time regardless! He's finally starting to get better I think. We had a few of my husbands relatives over on Wed. night to celebrate. By bedtime I thought that he'd made great improvement, and he slept through the night just fine (first night since he got sick) but when I tried to wake him up he was really bad again. Now this afternoon he seems to be doing much better, I'm keeping my fingers crossed tight for my little guy. I caught it from him on Monday :( this is the worst sick I've been in a really long time. Then Reagan woke up last night around 2am with a raging fever. Mark says his throat is hurting now too, so it sounds like we all get to have a turn with this nasty bug!

So to cheer myself up the first day I started to feel icky, I downloaded a new kit from Nicole! That worked wonders LOL! It's being released today at both of her stores, The Digichick and her Sugarplum Paperie Store! It's called Calico Harvest, here are some previews!

The Papers:calicoharvest_papers

The Elements:calicoharvest_embellishments

Can you see why it cheered me up so much! It's so gorgeous! The alpha is killer too, I can't get enough of her alphas! I loved the word strip that says "a beautiful day" so that's where I went with it when I started to scrap. I thought of the visit we took out to Columbus in January to visit my friend Marci. We went to the COSI Center while we were there, and we had so much fun. Marci took some really great shots of the girls as they played on some big benches underneath these giant windows. They are such cool pics! I used one to scrap my first page with Calico Harvest...beautiful day

LOL, I love those fuzzy piggies!! See, now I'm happy all over again instead of feeling pathetic and sick :D You need some cheering up too? I've got just the thing for you then! Nicole made you a freebie and posted it on her blog! Just click the image of it's preview below and head off to The Sugarplum Paperie blog to grab yours!folder

Make sure to come back to the Sugarplum blog tomorrow too for our weekly CT Challenge!

I FINALLY finished the journaling on that second LO from the Studio Flergs grab bag I told you about a few posts back. I thought I'd post it to show you why I hate journaling so much LOL. I never can just do anything simple can I? LOL! Mean-Skwerls

That story is just too much. We seriously say "Skwerl" all the time now because of him. When I realized it has been a year now since he said it, I HAD to do a LO about it. Oh and Megs adding "Skwerls" to her grab bag just made me HAVE to do it even more don't ya think?? HAHAHAHAHAH! I love that! They're so cute! Did you see the new banner on the top of my blog??? Did you see she's got another awesome new surprise coming out tomorrow? Of course between you and me... if you click on it now, you just might NOT have to wait until tomorrow! Go! Grab it NOW! You wont regret it, this is definitely a major WOWZERZ of a kit!!! Here's a LO I made of Maelle with it too!LittleLady

Yeah, can't tell I miss them at all with all the scrapping of Maelle I've been doing lately can you?! LOL :D

Ok, I am going to say goodbye for now. Goo should be waking up soon, and it's killing my head to sit here anymore! Hope you all have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Nett I have loved your layouts for a long time but Mean Skwerlz just cracked me right up!!! The journalling is the BEST part...I had tears rolling down my cheeks because I can picture it so clearly!!!!

sandymom said...

I just had to tell you, I have just started following your blog and you make me laugh sooooooooooooooooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm definately not always in the mood to chuckle, with 2 tiny boys of my own, but you put such a cute spin on things we all experience everyday it always makes me smile. I can't wait to read your next story.thanx

Doo Doo said...

Netters, reading that mean skwerlz story brought back fond memories. I think that is only second to this years bday call when I asked him if he went to school and he said "No doo doo, I was VEWY sick!" That was just so snotty and funny.

Kim B said...

Popping in to see if you ok and hope you are feeling better.
And NO - I don't want the cooties back- ROTF!
Sending hugs
ME

Marci said...

Are you using MY kid to make great LOs AGAIN? How dare you! Love love love them! Miss you guys so much!

Laramie said...

Loved your Mean Skwerlz lO and the sweet pea kit lO's. So great. I'm adding you to my favorits. Your blog is great.

artgalstyle.blogspot.com